White Rabbit Press Kanji Flash Cards

Friday, September 5, 2008

www.再起動.blogspot.com

(SAI) or 再び (futatabi) means again and is used like the English prefix re- .

起 (KI) or 起きる・起こる・起こす (okiru/okoru/okosu) can mean rise or happen or start.

(DOU) or 動く・動かす (ugoku/ugokasu) means to move.

起 + 動 = start

再 + 動 = reboot

There you are, you've learnt something already. This blog is a personal study journal in which I will review whatever items of Japanese language I pick up each day. My intention is to reboot my enthusiasm for my Japanese studies, beginning with just a little study each day of whatever serendipity sends me here in Japan. My goal is to sit the Japanese Proficiency Test Level 1 in December 2009. I passed Level 2 a good 4 years ago and haven't seriously or consistently studied since. It's time to remedy that.

Japanese Reboot will be primarily a vocabulary builder but I will also be adding textbook reviews, seeking out other useful websites and offering the occasional study tip.


No comments: